EECA Energywise Insulation Grants
Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes grants are available for ceiling and underfloor insulation, with 50% off the cost until the end of June 2018.
An insulated home is easier to heat, more comfortable and better for your health. Insulation acts as a barrier to heat loss and heat gain, particularly in roofs and ceilings, walls and floors.
It can save up to 80% in heating and cooling losses. In addition, insulation may reduce condensation, mould and damp in your home.
You may qualify for a grant if:
- the house was built before the year 2000 and
- you own the home and have a Community Services Card or a SuperGold Card/Community Services Card or
- you are the named tenant and have a Community Services Card or a SuperGold Card/Community Services Card (the landlord pays the 50% cost) or
- you are no more than $20,000 over the Community Services Card level and have a referral from a registered health practitioner for a condition related to cold, damp housing.
How to make it happen
- Find a Warm Up New Zealand service provider by calling 0800 749 782 or visiting the EECA ENERGYWISE website https://www.energywise.govt.nz/funding-and-support/funding-for-insulation/
- A servicce provider will visit your home to confirm eligibilty and make sure there is enough space to install insulation.
- You will need to show your Community Services Card/SuperGold Card
- Talk to the service provider about council and other funding options to pay off the rest of the cost
- If everything is approved, arrage a time to have the insulation installed.